At the risk of coming across like the Grinch pissing on Santa’s parade, I’m going to admit I’m not a huge fan of going overboard for a baby’s first Christmas (each to their own though!). This has good and bad points for Casper: on the plus side – he will not be sporting a green and red elf onsie, neither will he be found supping on Grandma’s xmas roast given the mini-blender treatment; on the downside, my poor little Tiny Tim will not be inundated with so many presents he doesn’t know which one to bang/throw/dribble on first. Maybe I’m just incredibly cynical after a couple of 1st xmases, but new parents, I hate to put your cinnamon and clove scented candle out – your bubs will undoubtedly give a glassy-eyed, clueless look for a large portion of the day and, although a cliche – they WILL genuinely enjoy the box and packaging so much more! (or the fairy lights…)
I’m willing to admit that if I am giving presents to our 9 month old this Christmas it will be a mix of it being for my own fulfillment and the fact that I was going to get the things for him anyway, with a little bit of “I feel bad that the other 4 boys will be tearing through paper which Casper will think is really cool” sprinkled on top. So, for these reasons, I’ve popped together the few bits and a few more if I were to go mad, that Casper can expect on the 25th.
- Shhh, Casper actually has THIS coming his way Xmas day! Not only does it sate my desire for everything cool and well designed but it completes Casper’s world of moving at break-neck speed!
- After all that whizzing about on present #1 Casper’s going to need some snuggle time and what a cuter way to do it than THIS little cuddle-monster from The Modern Nursery.
- One of Casper’s favourite pastimes is removing his socks, next to this is standing up and trying to walk – so to kill two birds with one present, these gorgeous little French shoe/socks not only stay put, but have a fab, grippy sole to keep his feet firmly on the floor.
- Every boy needs a den and I’ve been in love with THIS one since I laid eyes on it! Brava to the girls at Numero 74!
- Ok, so you might have spotted the bright bit of plastic crap in the middle of what was otherwise a stylish collage! Yup, kids will be kids and they all love a bit of brightly coloured plastic! Now, I admit, this one of Casper’s obsessions is mostly my fault for whipping my iPhone out at every opportunity, he just loves the bright lights and the fact he can watch himself on video. THIS super cover allows Casper to dribble all over my phone (or old iPod which will be going in it!) to his hearts content! You may have noticed I’m not a self-righteous “my kids won’t play with iPhones… Just wooden toys for us!” kinda mama.
- To make myself feel a little more wholesome after putting in #5, here a rather dashing wooden toy!
- I couldn’t keep this one until Xmas, so Casper already has this super soft duvet set from Tobias & The Bear in his cot. He actually LOVES it – he dives head first with a soft “ahhhhhh” whenever he’s near it!
- THIS is the most genius product ever – sit bubs in the middle of it, let them cause carnage – be it lego or cars then, when they’re done (removing baby first, of course) pull the string and you’re all tidy! Ta-da!
…erm, think I might have a thing for monochrome?!